Found in 2007, Hulu is an on-demand video streaming platform currently owned by Comcast and Disney. Currently, Hulu is present only in the USA and Japan. Although there have been efforts to make the video platform internationally available, it hasn’t been that much of a success. In this article, we shall cover on the methods to skip Hulu ads for free version.
With 2500+ movies and more than 40,000 episodes from various serials, Hulu currently has 32 million subscribers, as of April 2020.
Hulu has two plans, i.e., Regular Hulu and Hulu with No Ads. However, if you are looking to have ad-free streaming on Hulu, you need to subscribe to a paid plan.
Before we move on to know the tricks to skip Hulu ads, let us find out about the ads we encounter on Hulu.
- The short time frame ads are usually run while watching TV shows or serials.
- Ads with more time are typically displayed while watching movies.
Here are two plans for Hulu:
- Hulu for $5.99/ month (includes ads)
- Hulu (No Ads) $11.99/month
- $44.99 – Hulu On-Demand & Live TV
However, every cloud has a silver lining. In this case, it is possible to skip or block Hulu ads without having to buy an ad-free Hulu subscription.
Here are a few steps to have an ad-free Hulu experience:
How to Block or Skip Hulu Ads?
1. Use Ad-blocker to Skip ads on Hulu.
Perhaps, the most commonly used method to skip or block ads on any online video streaming platform. By using ad blockers, you can easily skip ads on Hulu without having to subscribe to a paid version.
There are a ton of ad blockers on the internet. You can easily select and add it as an extension in your browser.
2. Open Two Tabs to Skip Ads
This technique works fine when you are connected to a wifi with an unlimited plan or have a better data plan. Here are the steps to skip the ads:
- When you are in Hulu, go to the select movie or TV show and open the video.
- Open the same video in a new way again in such a way that you have two tabs with the same video.
- Play the video on the second tab and fast forward it to a place where you can see a mark with the first ad and mute it.
- Now go back to the first tab and play the video.
- Once you encounter a Hulu ad in the first tab, mute it and go to the second tab and continue watching the video.
- In this way, you can skip the ad in the second tab as Hulu doesn’t repeat an ad more than once.
3. Fast Forward the Video
Another efficient method to skip ads would be to fast forward the entire video on Hulu. To carry out this method, you need to have software to fast forward video as a whole. It is essential to use genuine software to fast forward video so that it shouldn’t consume too much of your time.
You can start watching the video from the beginning once you have fast-forwarded the entire video clip. In this manner, you will be able to avoid ads as Hulu doesn’t play the ads for the second time.
4. Web Filtering to avoid Ads
This method may seem a bit technical for a few users. But it shouldn’t be too hard once you follow the given steps. You can block or skip the ads on Hulu by using Parental Control or Access Control within your router management.
- Connect your wifi
- Open the browser and search for your default IP router address. In most cases, the router IP address will be 192.168.0.1
- Search for Web Filtering
- Add “ads-e-darwin.hulustream.com” to the block list in web filtering
- Apply and restart your router
Adding “ads-e-darwin.hulustream.com” will block ads as this domain is responsible for running ads on the Hulu platform.
5. Hulu Adblocker for Android Phones
Yes, you have options to avoid ads on your android phones as well. For rooted mobile phones, there are a lot of ad blockers on Android phones. But instead of searching for an ad blocker that performs efficiently, it is always a good practice to use an adblocking browser.
Brave browser is one such browser that blocks the ads on Hulu and blocks the ads on any video streaming platform.
If you are using a regular phone and not a rooted one, then the best ad blocker will be Adway. It requires some permissions but functions best when compared to other Adblockers.
These are some of the best sneaky techniques to skip ads on Hulu. However, if you wish to avoid all these hassles and watch Hulu videos without being interrupted by ads, you can purchase a paid version and watch videos ad-free on Hulu.